Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nocturnal Aggression - Greybriar Forum Index -> Cleric
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avyrice
Guild Leader

re: Ahov's 2.7 Warden Guide (Requires Oracle)

Here's the link to the updated Warden Guide/spec for 2.7 and the introduction of the Oracle Soul.

2.7 Warden

As a note, I think the existing Warden spec without Oracle is just as viable.

Yeah I've been using the oracle version of the warden spec...it's particularly good if you already have a play style focused on keeping Dangers of the Deep buff up at all times.  I haven't noticed much of a difference otherwise, but I rely quite a bit upon my crystal proc from soothing stream in addition.   Still trying to work emblem of ice in when I can, but personally not happy about integrating in another dps cast.  Not sure how much losing devotion affects things, it's not like crit is super important.

From his various posts, Ahov's warden play style is built around primarily burst healing with chloro's doing the majority of raid heals.   We don't always have that luxury, and I think wardens do fine right alongside mages as bread and butter raid healers even if the efficiency isn't as stellar. 

Avyrice
Guild Leader

I agree with you Cyrque - I am a bit mystified too by some of his Chloro guides, but I suppose that's the difference between the 'hardcore' mentality vs. those of us who aren't really playing that way currently.  I can see the merit of his approach to Warden and Chloro, but like you said - we don't always have the luxury.

Its not enough to be a good or average warden healer. Each should strive at being the best they possibly can, and this is where I disagree with Ahov's new warden build, because its 99% the same as the previous one.

I warden heal in PvP and 9 times out of 10 im top heals for the entire match, both sides. Its all in play style and fully using all warden abilities.

I focus on keeping Dangers of the Deep up at all times, as well as my warden crystal, and my primary raid healing comes from Geyser and Ripple. Ripple will only spread 4 stacks of Soothing Stream and Healing Spray, and whenever you cast Soothing Stream, your crystal procs and you have increased healing. The way I've found to best warden heal is to create self casting macros on myself, so my character always has 4 stacks of soothing stream up and when Ripple is about to come off cooldown, i throw a healing spray on myself, then i hit my selfcast ripple and spread it to others. Along with this i can cast Healing flood for added hot. Soothing stream is on a 20 sec countdown so when Im not selfcasting it, i am bombarding the target with my Geyser macro to keep up my stacks of Dangers of the Deep. Then, if needed, or if i let my stacks of soothing stream fall off, i hit my monsoon to get caught up.

Its super easy to play and to heal well with, you just have to be cognizant of your stacks, both Dangers of Deep and Soothing Stream. By just following those two, you will always ensure your crystal proc is on and maximize your warden healing.

=Cirque=
Raider

With all due respect, pvp healing is very different from raid healing.   In PVP you don't worry about the individual that keeps stepping in shit, you let them die and spam big  heals on the zerg group with some special attention to the high dpsers.

If we did that in our PVE raids we'd never get progression because there is ALWAYS somebody either standing in shit or a bit slow getting away from a mechanic....that means you have to drop your rotation to save them, or else we either wipe right away, lose too much dps to meet the enrage, or can't sustain healing with one down.  If a big damage spike comes along right after you prevented toast, well you have to heal even if you aren't at 5 stacks.  

When I'm puri I really try to save those that can't get out of the shit (including myself on occasion) and it doesn't screw me up too bad.  As warden, it's not so pretty if you are forced to start using GCD's to save individuals.

IMO raid healing is more about people staying alive as opposed to posting the highest numbers.  I'd almost always prefer to use my GCD on an aoe cleanse and let somebody else heal the damage back up (as long as we have enough healing), even if those cleanses reduce my potential hps.  Reduces my spot on the heal meter perhaps, but often it's more efficient and safe to prevent damage.

Avyrice
Guild Leader

I have always believed that 'healing numbers' don't mean shit in a raid if you can't down the boss.  You can't really compare Warden healing in PVP with Warden healing in a PVE raid - you have different priorities entirely.

I agree with Cyrque - raid healing (and healing in general for raids) isn't like DPS - you can't always maintain the 'perfect' healing rotation because there are too many variables about what could happen in a raid - i.e. people standing in shit, lagging too much to get out of mechanics etc.  

Using meters to kind of gauge where everyone is in terms of strengths and weaknesses is reasonable - but as long as people aren't dying and we're killing bosses, healers are doing their job.  I don't think me or any of the other officers are extreme enforcers of raid specs either - if you show up, can perform the tasks that are expected of you in your raid role, and be competitive with your raid counterparts, then I could care less how you get there :)

Going back to my OP - I was just posting this as a reference, an alternative to the current Warden raid spec if people were interested. As always, folks should do their own research and determine what fits their playstyle best.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: